The facebook page for my school, the Institute for Christian Studies, posted this today, detailing the recent and upcoming accomplishments of its junior members (I’ve edited it for better blog formatting). I share it to express my deep appreciation for my fellow junior members, the institute that supports us, and to highlight the kind of work that can be done at ICS for those considering graduate school options:
Our students are just killin’ it! Check out the list of ICS Junior Members presenting or publishing their work so far this year (and check some of these papers out in our Institutional Repository):
“Holy Blood, Menstruation as a Signifier of the Holy: A Study of the Ritual Purity Codes of Leviticus 15.”
Advanced Degree Student Association Theology Conference at Toronto School of Theology, March 14th 2014.
“Back to the Rough Ground! Into Life!: Anti-Philosophy as Christian Philosophy.”
Society of Christian Philosophy/Society for Continental Philosophy and Theology Conference, Trinity Christian College, March 27-29, 2014
1) “Propositions, Art, and Truth: Zuidervaart’s Critique of Wolterstorff,”
Society of Christian Philosophy/Society for Continental Philosophy and Theology Conference, Trinity Christian College, March 27-29, 2014;
2) “Gadamer and Praxeology: The Hermeneutics Debate Revisited,”
IHS Research Colloquium, George Mason University. Washington, D.C., November 2013;
3) “Quantification, Sein and Univocity: A Response to Peter van Inwagen’s Critique of Martin Heidegger,”
Philosophical Perspectives on Theological Realism, Erbacher Hof. Mainz, Germany, August/September 2013;
4) Review of Heidegger and Philosophical Atheology, by Peter S. Dillard. Praxis;
5) “Philosopher” and “Anthropomorphism” in Lexham Bible Dictionary.
1) “Songs of Solidarity: A New Approach to Liturgical Music and Community Cohesion,”
20th Annual Graduate Interdisciplinary Conference, Concordia University, Montreal, March 6, 2014.
2) “A Particular Collision: Arendt, CERN, and Reformational Philosophy,”
Society of Christian Philosophy/Society for Continental Philosophy and Theology Conference, Trinity Christian College, March 27-29, 2014.
“The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in a Christian Context,”
in Christian Higher Education. Volume 13, Issue 1, 2014: 74-87.
1) “Ontology and Living Death: Solitary Confinement in Prisons and Monasteries.”
Penn State Graduate Conference in Philosophy, March 1-2, 2014;
2) “Mysticism and Madness in Prison Awaiting Death,”
20th Annual Graduate Interdisciplinary Conference, Concordia University, Montreal, March 6th, 2014.
“This Thinking Individual: Conscience and Subjectivity in Søren Kierkegaard and Hannah Arendt,”
Ryerson Graduate Philosophy Conference at Ryerson University, Feb. 22, 2014.
“Ephesians and the Household Code: a Conversation with John Howard Yoder,”
Advanced Degree Student Association Theology Conference at TST, March 14th 2014.
“Identity and Difference in Derrida’s “The Other Heading,”
Traversing Traditions: A Polyphony of Thought, Ryerson Graduate Philosophy Conference, Feb 22, 2014.